PCI interfacing

I am developing PCI interface . I have developed a pci-add on card wit only PLX 9052 chip but it is not working . Actually the LRESET# pin is no asserted after turning on the PC.All the local address signals are at 5 .I m not able to track where the problem lies. Actually we simpl developed the interface without considering about specifications.And now found that they are provided by PCI-SIG. But it requires to pay heavily fo the membership. So I wanted to know whether I could get it in some goo book. Please help me out.

Reply to
sonika_7

Sonika_7,

You might try a good technical bookstore. I have used the Mindshare books for PCI, PCI-X and PCI Express. They are also available at

Now for this next part, I may not be completely accurate legally, but you'll capture the spirit of what's up.

If you are planning on producing a PCI-compatible card, and calling it PCI-compatible, you must join the PCI-SIG. You must also sign off on the design checklist. You must also attend a PCI-SIG plugfest and have your card tested for PCI compatibility. AFAIK, there are electrical, protocol, and interoperability tests that you must pass to be allowed to use the PCI logo.

I have never done this myself, but since I work for a test equipment vendor, I have been to multiple plug-fests, running tests, both in Gold suites, and in advisory suites, mostly for PCI Express.

Good Luck...

Al

Reply to
Rube Bumpkin