linux (2.4.17) ethernet bridge latency

Hello.

I'm trying to optimize embedded MIPS board for network latency.
After doing some tracing I discovered that ethernet bridge
latency is quite high. I'm not posting here the numbers because
they are only meaningful for my CPU, but just for comparison
bridge processing takes 20% to 50% more time then ethernet driver
processing, which seems too high for me. After all, all it's
supposed to do is just forward the packet.

Any ideas on things to check ?
I've noticed that there are some differences in bridge code
between 2.4.17 and 2.4.22 - since upgrade is not an option,
maybe someone can knows what optimizations (if any) where done
to the bridge.

Re: linux (2.4.17) ethernet bridge latency
Do you patch your kernel to support bridge firewall?

pojen

Re: linux (2.4.17) ethernet bridge latency

Should I ?