PIC 18F2550 CONFIG BITS

I have a PIC programmer based on the WISP628 design, which I have used successfully for several years. On my latest project I am attempting to program a PIC 18F2550. I had to update the firmware on the programmer, and it now appears to program and verify the code, but it won't program the CONFIG bits. For example, the first CONFIG word is at 300000; my HEX file wants to put 0x25. I can successfully erase the chip, which causes that location to read 3F, but when I try to program it reads back as 0x33. Are there any gotcha's for the CONFIG bits on this chip?

Thanks, Jake

Reply to
Jake