Problem erasing EEPROM XCF08P

I have installed a XCF08P EEPROM in my fpga board. The first time i wrote a program to it, it worked fine. But I can not erase the EEPROM. When i write to it now verify fails, I suspect i have to erase it before writing a new program.

Using: Impact 8.1.03i JTAG programmer: JTAG 3 i belive (Parallel port), came with a digilent starter board.

Thanks Andreas Beier

Reply to
mughat

I have seen this behaviour. In my case it was enough to set "erase before programming" check mark in the Impact GUI. Generally speaking, Impact is full of small bugs, which sometimes make it crash and sometimes it just wouldn't behave properly. In many cases it is enough to reset the cable and re-initialize the chain, in other cases you need to restart the program...

/Mikhail

erase

Reply to
MM

I had a similar problem with IMPACT refusing to go past 51% when programming my XCF02S in the JTAG chain.

A simple upgrade from 8.1 ISE to SP1 fixed it (strangely). I did recall it working perfectly with the ISE 7.

Reply to
Isaac Bosompem

Anyone know if there is an alternative to Impact? that can erase and write mcs files?

Reply to
mughat

I have tried different versions of impact 6.3 and 8.1 but not 7. I think I will try that.

Reply to
mughat