i want to read IC NEC 78F9026a

HI ALL i have the microcontroller device NEC UPD78F9026A and i have also its CHIP PROGRAMMER SP-3000U adapter sa245a.

i want to take the program on it and copy it to a blank one

when i select this chip on my programmer software SP3000U i found that it can write and erase and i can't find the read option

why i can't read this device and how can i read it using the programmer to get the program on it

IF IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO DO IT WITH MY PROGRAMMER IS THERE ANY WAY ELSE TO READ THE PROGRAM ON IT.

please help me

thanks

Reply to
ali_ez

I've never used this processor before, but from looking at the Datasheet, it is just like many others.

The ability to read is disabled, so that unscrupulous people can't read the program and clone it into another device.

For most users, there is no reason to be able to read from the device, because they have access to the binary, and probably the source used to create the binary.

If you have the binary and sources, you are all set. I'm not saying that you are one of the unscrupulous people mentioned above, but if you have a valid reason to create a valid copy, then you have everything you need.

RB

Reply to
Rube Bumpkin

Also, don't know about this particular device, but some NEC micros have security bits that can be set to prevent you reading the program out, even if the programmer allows you to do this.

--
Regards,
Richard.

+ http://www.FreeRTOS.org
Designed for microcontrollers.  More than 7000 downloads per month.

+ http://www.FreeRTOS.org/Documentation
FreeRTOS eBook - a step by step guide to using an RTOS.
Reply to
FreeRTOS.org

Because you are stupid ignorant idiot who tries to steal the code without even being bothered with reading manuals and datasheets.

May be this will make you learn.

VLV

Reply to
Vladimir Vassilevsky

The original poster's IP (196.205.145.32) points to Egypt, in LINKdotNET domain.

--

Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio (at) iki fi

Why are you automatically assuming the worst about this person? There are perfectly good, valid reasons for wanting to copy the code from a microcontroller without it being theft - I am sure you can think of many if you actually tried. It may even be the case that the guy has read the datasheet (though it's not apparent from his post).

Constructive flaming about the poster's use of capitals is fair game, but I don't think firing all guns about the content is reasonable until we know a little more.

Reply to
David Brown

... snip ...

While you may well be correct, I have to admire your gentle attempts at correction. I trust they are successful?

 [page]:
            Try the download section.
Reply to
CBFalconer