OT: AT Modem TCP/IP link software

Hi, sorry to post off topic but I greatly value the opionions of this group and hope some of the experienced memebers can help with what i would imagine is a common problem.

What i have is a couple of embedded pc's with iridium sateleite modems (that support the AT command set) which run windows xp.

What i would like to do is put the modems into autoanswer mode, and initiate a connection from one to the other. When no data is sent for a while the link times out. When the link is up it appears as a network interface which i can TCP/IP over.

Whilst i can setup windows dialup connections, i dont believe i can get windows to recognise the link is up by DCD going high when it autoanswers - windows would still show the link as down. I have written some code to send data using my own protocol which esssentialy does this, however i really want to run TCP/IP over the link.

I think this can be done in linux, however i am stuck with windows at the moment. Does anyone know of any device driver wrappers that can control the modem and make it appear as a network device as per my requirements above?

Many thanks in advance,

Chris

Reply to
Chris