Any chip exsisted for TCP/IP?

Is any chip exsisted which has TCP/IP hardware and software implemented inside the chip so that to use the TCP/IP communication can be done easily? I am not familair with the TCP/IP and want to find quick way to implement our system with TCP/IP connection.

Also, the develop tools is better C(although a few assembly is OK).

Reply to
kathy

Is any chip exsisted which has TCP/IP hardware and software implemented inside the chip so that to use the TCP/IP communication can be done easily? I am not familair with the TCP/IP and want to find quick way to implement our system with TCP/IP connection.

Also, the develop tools is better C(although a few assembly is OK).

Reply to
kathy

The Rabbit module is OK but it is NOT a chip. I would like a chip - it is more compact.

Reply to
kathy

You Don't have to buy the Module... you can buy the Rabbit 4000 Chip

Eric

kathy wrote:

Reply to
Eric

kathy ha scritto:

Take a look at this:

-Giacomo-

"kathy" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com...

Have a look at lantronix and digi : both have integrated "tcp-ip in the RJ45 connector" solutions. You can also include your own applicative C code in their built-in 32-bit processors.

Cheers, Robert

Robert Lacoste

Have a look at this thread [

].

I would say it depends how much you want to invest;-) there area few products ready to go with just serial interface (digi for example or

) to send data to RJ45. Other cheap solutions involve building IP stack, taking care of MAC layer and etc and doing almost every thing by your self (Realtek
etc.).

ali

Reply to
Ali

Obviousely anybody can buy the Rabbit 4000 chip :-) However, it would not help the OP at all. The chip alone incorporates a 10Base-T MAC, but that's it. No internal RAM, ROM or FLASH memory to start with and alas this is definately not what the OP is looking for.

The OP stats he/she is not familiar with TCP/IP and searches a quick redy, single chip solution to interface from what I supose existing product.

The digi or lantronix products sugested by another poster fit the bill IMHO of the OP quite well.

Markus

Reply to
Markus Zingg

Look here:

for W3100 or W3150...

- Dejan

Reply to
Dejan

Reply to
kathy

Hi.

Take a look at Maxim. They have a uC (with MAC) that has TCP/IP firmware included. You just need to add a PHY chip.

Hern=E1n S=E1nchez

kathy ha escrito:

Reply to
Hernán Sánchez

Or check out the AX110xx family from Asix

"single chip microcontroller with TCP/IP and 10/100M Fast Ethernet MAC/PHY, 512K flash)"

- Mark

Reply to
Mark