tcp/ip

hi i am new whit FPGA i just buy the spartan-3e starter kit, i am looking a tcp/ip stack to use whit the kit ( a free one) if any one have some info it will we great thanks David

Reply to
David

Sudhir.Singh

In Xilinx XPS, there is a free TCP/IP stack included, as far as I remember. You can simply add it by a few mouse clicks.

Reply to
quickwayne

I'would rather not use the HW TCP/IP stack if possible (logic resources, portability...). Use the SW implemented instead. You have several options: xilnet - Xilinx EDK stack (limitations about MACs) uip and lwip - Adam Dunkels free stack Treck - high performance stack (not free)

I suggest you try the MicroBlaze uClinux with networking included (Dr John Williams)

It is very lightweight (far more than separate stacks)!!!

Cheers,

Guru

snipped-for-privacy@email.com wrote:

Reply to
Guru

THe xilinx TCP/ip is buggy. HOwever there is an open source one in the edk you can implement easily. Its fine for clients but if you wish to setup a slave you need to fix the xilinx configuration bug.

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Beta 3 Web @

Reply to
Anonymous

can implement easily. Its fine for

configuration bug.

Are you saying there is a bug in the xilinx lwip port when using it as a server? What is it?

Alan Nishioka

Reply to
Alan Nishioka