Omnivision OV7640 SCCB (I2C?) bus problem

Misteaks happen :-) At least you are aware of the problem.

CBFalconer

Thanks for your answers all ! and thanks for the schematic

Just another question, how long does it take for the camera to answe

the read address ? I'm waiting 50us, I thought it was enough, bu apparently that could be the problem

Reply to
vinch

Do you mean, "How long does it take the camera to take the SCCB data line low during the acknowledge bit time? (ie : after the transmission of the address bits A7 to A1 and R/W?"

Or do I misunderstand your question?

When I looked at the ACK timing with my oscilloscope, I could clearly see the microcontroller releasing the data line, and the OV7640 taking the data line low to ack. The low voltage levels were ever so slightly different, so it was easy to see the timing. I will have to get the scope out again to make the measurement you may be asking for.

Paul.

Reply to
Paul Olley

50us from what?

From SCL set low for the ACK bit? From SDA driven passive high?

What is the clock period for your address/data bits?

The fastest SCCB can be clocked is 100kHz, so 10us for each bit of

7 address bits, read/write bit, and ack bit, so the first address byte is 9 x 10us = 90us MINIMUM plus start I2C timing.

If you are running at 100kHz, then wait at leat 90 if not 100us for the whole address and ack, *IF* you are using some form of I2C controller. If bit banging do a wait one each bit, slightly longer on ack.

You are still driving the SCL (SCCB clock) at that stage?

What frequency are you trying to drive SCCB at?

Paul Carpenter

Yes, that's it I can also see the microcontroller releasing the data line, but the the level stays the same...

Thanks for the measurements

[quote:deef3a4c8b]Just another question, how long does it take fo the camera to answe

Do you mean, "How long does it take the camera to take the SCCB dat line low during the acknowledge bit time? (ie : after the transmission o the address bits A7 to A1 and R/W?

Or do I misunderstand your question

When I looked at the ACK timing with my oscilloscope, I could clearl

see the microcontroller releasing the data line, and the OV7640 taking th data line low to ack. The low voltage levels were ever so slightl different, so it was easy to see the timing. I will have to get the scope out agai to make the measurement you may be asking for

Paul.[/quote:deef3a4c8b

Reply to
vinch

=_NextPart_000_00B0_01C63640.905479E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Since the above webpage is still getting a significant number of hits 8 = months later, to make the URL "permanent", I've copied the HTML to the = following URL :

The original will disappear in due course.

Paul.

Reply to
Paul Olley