newbie to embedded linux on arm

tamamontu skrev 2009-12-17 14:09:

There is really very little support for the EP93 series in Buildroot. You can do what you want with an AT91SAM9263, and then it is more or less automatic with Buildroot.

You can study the source code for the AT91SAM9263 build recipes in buildroot for starters.

--
Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson

Vladimir Vassilevsky skrev 2009-12-18 15:10:

How much code does your SSH implementation take? How much code does your SAMBA server take? Do you have a driver for a capacitive touch sensor? How many users can log into your machine? Do you support all Wacom tablets or only a few?

List goes on and on and on.

Both Linux and RTOS'es have their applicability

--

Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson
These are my own personal opinions, which may
Ulf Samuelsson

Vladimir Vassilevsky skrev 2009-12-18 15:56:

Only idiots run Linux without MMU today.

You can get an ARM9 with MMU for less than what you used to pay for an 8051.

It is free, in the respect that you have full access to the internals. It is free to aqcuire, not to maintain.

Douglas Adams explained it with "Share and Enjoy!"

--
Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson
These are my own personal opinions, which may
Ulf Samuelsson

That's a bit extreme. An MMU-less system doesn't make much sense if you are running a lot of user-space software, but in the case where you have a single program (which happens to need a substantial OS beneath it), the lack of an MMU isn't much of an issue.

Reply to
Nobody