N to 1 to M SMS based telemetry

We have N number of sensors in GSM and GPRS covered area. We want from these sensor to send their measurements on pre-defined times to a centre for data collection. Sensor data length around 80bytes and each sensor as 4 byte long unique identification number. Sensors are build around AVR or PIC based controllers Time to time center (a PC) may send commands to one or multiple sensors to change their measurement rate.

My question is what type of HW and SW components are there in the market for SMS based telemetry that we can use in above mentioned application.

Thank you.

Gustav

Reply to
Gustav Basso

There are complete industrial phones, equipped with a serial interface and an AT commandset identical to the modems years ago.

The rest is a few lines of code, both on a Windows PC and on some PIC/AVR firmware.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

While working for Vodafone I had a great deal of success with these chaps. Great products, excellent support.

for

Reply to
Hugh