Museum piece

I have this OS-9 6809 development system bought many years ago for developing embedded software. It's a (AFAIR)G64 bus backplane with plugin cards; cpu, memory, I/O ... I even have some extra cards and most if not all of the manuals. Super machine, knocks the IBM PC with which it is roughly contemporary into a cocked hat.

I'd like to pass it on to a good home, I need the room, and it would be a crying shame to dump it. Anyone interested - I've tried old-computers.com but there seemed to be no interest, probably it's not a computer by their definition.

--
Dick Georgeson
Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time

Hi Dick,

I would be very interested; we used to have an 6809 Exorset, which I miss. Please let me know what you would like from me to proceed.

Many thanks,

Michael

Reply to
msg

Tried to email you but it seems to have failed. Perhaps the address is mangled (mine is plain fake). I'm in Southern England, where are you?

--
Dick Georgeson
Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time
to reform. -- Mark Twain
Reply to
Dick Georgeson

There also is a comp.sys.m6809 group, perhaps there will be someone interested. I retired some time ago a 6809 based system myself (an 80-s design of mine running MDOS09), but make no mistake, I have it emulated in a DPS window...

Dimiter

Didi

Ah memories. I had one, did some good developments on it. Only level 1 though, I always lusted after a level 2 system with the SASI hard drive I couldn't afford because it was £1200. I wish operating systems had stayed so easy to use.

Reply to
Paul Burke

I also emailed you to: 'rmg _at_ zetnet _dot_ co _dot_ uk' right after your first post to the N.G. My email addr is 'msg _at_ cybertheque _dot_ org'. I am in Duluth, MN, USA (which pretty much means unrealistic shipping expenses unless the weight is low).

Regards,

Michael

Reply to
msg

That's the right address for me. However I mailed to your munged address (underscores included).

But I think it's academic, cost of shipping it across the atlantic would be silly. Pity.

--
Dick Georgeson
Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time
to reform. -- Mark Twain
Reply to
Dick Georgeson

I have asked there, that was where old-computers.com was suggested, but no takers.

--
Dick Georgeson
Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time
to reform. -- Mark Twain
Reply to
Dick Georgeson

Try alt.folklore.computers and comp.os.cpm.

CBFalconer