MPC5200 boundary scan problems

Hi everyone,

I am setting up my tools for an MPC5200 based device I have designed. I have been using these tools (which like all development software here, are my doing) on the MPC8240, on the MC68340, and some others (TI, Xilinx parts) but now the 5200 seems to be more stubborn than they usually are. The problem I am stuck with since yesterday is the fact that I cannot preload the boundary scan register (BSR) with a value. I can read it allright and I do read the actual states of the signals, but the data I shift into the 5200 BSR does not appear to influence the BSR at all, next read I get the same value I had prior to the preload, with perhaps some input value changed (I have a few floating). I can also read the ID code allright, and the device responds to its high-Z command prior to the first BSR shift I do; after that, power cycling is the only way back to highz, although reading the inputs still works. I have the bsdl file and the 5200 UM files; so far I have no clue what I am doing wrongly. It may be just that it's been a while since I last messed with my JTAG software (not very likely, I am already pretty much in it again, and it is not huge). Anyone with any knowledge on that?

Thanks,

Dimiter

Didi

Do you have any board to loan out? I can try my tools, which is working fine for AVR and ARM. I'll pay shippings.

Reply to
linnix

Thanks for offering me that, but I have just one board now. I'll be wrestling it some more and post some status when I (hopefully!) have some success :-)

Dimiter

Reply to
Didi

I succeeded controlling the 5200 the day after my post. The problem was the long time I had not dealt with JTAG, the device was getting out of "extest" when not supposed to (on my command, I had forgotten something).

Now I am trying to write to the flash chip, I am just beginning to do it and I am not sure how to read its data sheet. It is an Atmel 49bv162a, which has both byte and word (16 bit) data mode. Address lines are a0 to a-something (highest), this in word mode. In byte mode, the lowest address becomes a pin called "a-1" (minus 1), which is d15 in word mode.

Now I wish I knew for sure where do I put the 555 and aaa addresses, at which a0 - the minus 1 or the 0 one?

I tried both, neither works so far, if I knew which way this one was I would have one thing less to worry about...

Thanks for any help,

Dimiter

Reply to
Didi