Microcontroller with I2C and ISO7816 support?

Hi,

Are there any low cost microcontrollers(8051/AVR/etc) that support both I2C and ISO7816 interface?

Reply to
goister

I assume master ISO7816 so: AT91SAM7S32(1) It only supports I2C master though which could be a drawback! I2C slave can rpbably quite easioly be emulated using the SSC.

You will find that a UART to ISO7816 is easier to find. Atmel has several such circuits, and I am sure other companies have as well. You could put an ATmega48 or similar in between.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson

a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Look at STM families

I'm 99% sure you will find one... Cheers, Robert

Reply to
Robert Lacoste

Well I will need I2C slave functionality so yeah that would be a drawback. What do you mean by SSC?

I also found some application notes for ISO7816 via UART, but it was for ST. Where can I find such circuits for Atmel/etc?

Thanks!

Reply to
goister

Well I will need I2C slave functionality so yeah that would be a drawback. What do you mean by SSC?

I also found some application notes for ISO7816 via UART, but it was for ST. Where can I find such circuits for Atmel/etc?

Thanks!

Reply to
goister

The SSC is the Synchronous Serial Controller of the AT91. You get access to the raw data and clock. The CPU should have enough performance to do the I2C slave in S/W when you

ISO 7816 is directly supported in the AT91 USART.

There is code for an AVR RS-232 ISO7816 bridge at

It is C code for the AT902313 but I think it would not be too hard to adopt for the ATmega48 which has the TWI = I2C as well.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson

Reply to