Making faceplate labels with inkjet

I've designed a couple of test boxes and artwork for the faceplates. Due to a number of reasons I would like to print the faceplate using our inkjet printer. Does anyone have a suggestion for media that will work well with inkjet printers and be durable. Regular paper doesn't seem like a good answer unless one goes to the trouble of putting a clear plastic cover over it (more work).

Regards, Dave

Reply to
Dave Boland

Inkjet != durable because the inks are water-soluble. You could try the printable transparencies, and print a reversed image on the back. It's probably easier to use printable self-adhesive paper stock and spray the finished panel with varnish.

Reply to
larwe

I've used overhead transparency film, and printed a mirror image on it, then glued that to the panel using spray adhesive. Because I print a mirror image, the toner/ink is against the panel, protected by the film.

However, I prefer to use

- they engrave anodized aluminum panels to your design.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca

This showed up in a google search

Robert

Reply to
Robert Adsett

Personally I would print using laser as preference. Even cheap colour lasers exists for low volums runs (Xerox 6110) or wax printers even better.

Secondly as others have said look at mirror printing to get items on back of plastic/panel.

Thirdly look at Avery labels L4775, L7068, L7067 or even as silver L6013 these are Laser labels and I do not believe any inkjet comparable ones exist.

    PC Services
             For those web sites you hate
Reply to
Paul Carpenter

For my prototypes, I cover the faceplate with clear packaging tape.

Al

Reply to
Al

This is what I use -

.

If you have a printer with a straight paper path (like one that can print directly on CD's), then you can use the thicker aluminum.

I use an Epson Photo 900 and print water resistant artwork on 0.016" aluminum.

Reply to
Hershel

We have pigment inks now on a high-end inkjet (b9180) and there are also some tips on how to print waterproof with our low-end printers on "Advanced" paper here:

Andrew

Reply to
andrew queisser