tamper proof labels with serial numbers

I've been searching for tamper proof labels with preprinted serialnumbers. Preferably off-the-shelf sheets with series of 2 identical serialnumers. And small ;)

Any pointers?

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove \'q\' and \'.invalid\' when replying by email)

Tamper proof in what way?

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

In article , snipped-for-privacy@xs4all.invalid.nl (known to some as Frank Bemelman) scribed...

Try these nice folk:

Happy hunting.

--
Dr. Anton T. Squeegee, Director, Dutch Surrealist Plumbing Institute
(Known to some as Bruce Lane, KC7GR)

"Fred Bloggs" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com...

The ones that break when you try to peel them off. I know I can have them custom made, but I'm looking for cheap off-the-shelf rolls or sheets.

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove \'q\' and \'.invalid\' when replying by email)
Reply to
Frank Bemelman

Microlimp has a serialization routine in Word. I use thirty-to-a-sheet address labels and run them through the laser printer. Tenth of a cent apiece, and you can print two sheets if you want dupes. Try and peel them off and they tear quite nicely. If you want VERY permanent labels, cover the address labels with clear tape.

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering (jw)

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

I've found none that actually do reliably. Do any of these actually work (disintigrate) if you heat them to 100C before removal, and remove from the edge with a sharp knife?

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Some of the 'silver' ones seem to leave bits of the silver behind if you try to remove them. That's effective.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear