LVDS receiver PCI solution for data logging?

Wasn't really sure if this should go in this group or not, but seeing as how this has to do with an embedded project I figured what the heck.

Anyway, the system is a simple little thing that's just going to be pumping out raw data over some kind of serial line. It needs to be about 8Mbps minimum so I was either going to use RS422 or LVDS. However, when it comes to having something in the host PC to capture this data I'll need some kind of add-in card I guess to receive the data. I can find RS422 cards (though ones at that speed seem kind of hard to find), but I'm having a really hard time locating any LVDS cards for this kind of use. Does anyone know of any manufacturers?

I was going to use a National Semiconducter serializer in the embedded system, and I guess if push comes to shove I could always use the associated deserializer and hammer together my own PCI solution, though obviously it would be nice to be able to avoid that. Thanks.

Reply to
Sean

EDT has several PCI cards that might work:

They supply Solaris, Linux, and Wincrap drivers.

--
Charles Allen
Reply to

Sean,

You might want to check out QuickUSB. Its a USB interface that will easily capture data at the rates you mention. You won't need a PCI plug-in card and the drivers and software libraries are already written and included in the package.

Check it out at:

Blake

Reply to
Blake Henry