LVDS receiver PCI solution for data logging?

Wasn't really sure if this should go in this group or not, but seeing
as how this has to do with an embedded project I figured what the
heck.

Anyway, the system is a simple little thing that's just going to be
pumping out raw data over some kind of serial line.  It needs to be
about 8Mbps minimum so I was either going to use RS422 or LVDS.
However, when it comes to having something in the host PC to capture
this data I'll need some kind of add-in card I guess to receive the
data.  I can find RS422 cards (though ones at that speed seem kind of
hard to find), but I'm having a really hard time locating any LVDS
cards for this kind of use.  Does anyone know of any manufacturers?

I was going to use a National Semiconducter serializer in the embedded
system, and I guess if push comes to shove I could always use the
associated deserializer and hammer together my own PCI solution,
though obviously it would be nice to be able to avoid that.  Thanks.

Re: LVDS receiver PCI solution for data logging?

EDT has several PCI cards that might work:

     http://www.edt.com /

They supply Solaris, Linux, and Wincrap drivers.

--
Charles Allen

Re: LVDS receiver PCI solution for data logging?
Sean,

You might want to check out QuickUSB.
Its a USB interface that will easily capture data at the rates you mention.
You won't need a PCI plug-in card and the drivers and software libraries are
already written and included in the package.

Check it out at: http://www.quickusb.com .

Blake