Re: Data transfer for real time analysis

I take it you're not moving much data per port.  By
my calculation, you can move about 25 bytes per port
with 12 active ports if all the ports are on one
25Mbit/sec channel.  These numbers do not include
any overhead that my associated with the channel
protocol.

Are we going to get a hint as to the application?

Re: Data transfer for real time analysis
Hi,

For the control loop, have you considered using an FPGA rather than serial
links + PCs?  A PID controller in an FPGA is quite straightforward to
implement.  I implemented a PID with data rates at 6MBps with frame
rates of 10us, and then had the software just program in the control
constants.  In terms of serial links, I designed a simple point to point
serial comms that sent out the data over an RS422 links (but maybe the
best thing to use these days is LVDS), for reception in the FPGA that
included the PID controller,

I guess it depends on what type of processing you want to do?

HTH

Paul.

Remove _rem_ before replying by email.

Site Timeline