LPC2148 interface problem with MC35i

Dear frends,

I have MCB2140 board from KEIL and I want to connect Siemens MC35i GS modem with the same on COM1 of lpc2148.

The port given on board is not fully connected as there are only two wires connected Tx and Rx. I want to make a data call to another PC and the at command is ATD

Problem is if i m transmitting this at command or say any data from board to PC using serial comm, I can receive that on PC. But when i am sending same command to GSM modem from my board I am not getting any responce resulting there is no ring to the other modem which is connected to PC.

I want to do it with two wire only so need your help..

Please please guide me

Pankaj

Here is my code which I am using for same.

#include /* prototype declarations for I/ functions */ #include /* LPC21xx definitions */

/****************/ /* main program */ /****************/ int main (void) { /* execution starts here */

/* initialize the serial interface */ char temp; temp=0x0d; PINSEL0 = 0x00050000; /* Enable RxD1 and TxD1 */ U1LCR = 0x83; /* 8 bits, no Parity, 1 Stop bit */ U1DLL = 97; /* 9600 Baud Rate @ 15MHz VPB Clock */ U1LCR = 0x03; /* DLAB = 0 */

printf ("atd9879636819;"); printf("%c",temp); /* the 'printf' function call*/

while (1) { /* An embedded program does not stop an */ ; /* ... */ /* never returns. We've used an endles */ } /* loop. You may wish to put in you own */ } /* code were we've printed the dot (...). */

Reply to
bhimanipankaj

"bhimanipankaj" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com...

[snip]

I don't know, but these ATD commands don't need/want a ';' at the end, at least they didn't a decade ago, when I played with modems.

Try this: printf ("atd9879636819\r");

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove 'q' and '.invalid' when replying by email)

First of all You must send command with new line sign at the end, eg. "ATD;\r\n".

Try to apply RTS signal to the modem. My Siemens C35i mobile phone doesn't want to respond for commands if it doesn't have RTS signal set to +12V.

-- Best Regards, Artur P?atek

Reply to
Artur

Dear frends.......

again very very thank you for helpful tips.

but for carriage return if u read my program it,s already there by

printf("%c",temp); /* and that temp is defined as 0x0D earlier fo ENTER.

Now , let me tell u about my circuit is

LPC2148's UART1-----only Tx and Rx and Ground are connected t MAX563-------then RS232 cable and then MC35i modem.

Tried everything but still modem is not responding.......

Help :) :( :)

Reply to
bhimanipankaj

You must activate its RTS input to tell it that you are ready to receive bytes from it. You can tie it permanently active if you don't want to connect it to your CPU.

Karl Olsen

Reply to
Karl Olsen

"bhimanipankaj" schreef in bericht news:rbCdnbBU3eaSrVvenZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com...

Yes, but you also have that semicolon at the end of your number: printf ("atd9879636819;");

Should be: printf ("atd9879636819"); printf("%c",temp);

or: Should be: printf ("atd9879636819\r");

[snip]

Also make sure that your signal does not need to be inverted. When in doubt, just try inverting it, and see what happens ;)

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove 'q' and '.invalid' when replying by email)
Reply to
Frank Bemelman

ATD; causes voice call, where ATD (without semicolon) causes data call in GSM modems.

-- Best regards, Artur P?atek

Reply to
Artur

Thnx frends

ya as u said the atd; , as semicolon is for voice call and i trying it on my mobile, so once i will get the call on my mobile it' confirmed that my modem is responding my board.

see while trying these things with hyper terminal and modem , while typin AT and > Yes, but you also have that semicolon at the end of your

Reply to
bhimanipankaj

Thnx frends

ya as u said the atd; , as semicolon is for voice call and i m trying it on my mobile, so once i will get the call on my mobile it's confirmed that my modem is responding my board.

see while trying these things with hyper terminal and modem , whil typing AT and

Reply to
bhimanipankaj