Looking for low voltage 8x8 or 12x8 crosspoint switch.

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a crosspoint switch that can be used with a supply of either 3V or 5V ? I will be switching digital signals of up to 5MHz. The direction of the signals can be input or output hence an analog switch is probably in order. When searching I have found a great many very fast LDVS crosspoint switches, but I expect these to be quite expensive. Pricewise I am looking in the region of

Reply to
Anton Erasmus

What parts (made by what companies) have you found? Where else have you searched?

I don't know if they have exactly what you want, but I saw many low-voltage crosspoint switches at and their selection pages have 'budgetary pricing'. I'm sure there are many other makers of these things. I recall that Harris made these many years ago. For actual single-quantity pricing, at least on what they carry, go to digikey.com and see what a search for crosspoint brings up.

Reply to
Ben Bradley

RCA made a real sweet part, the CD22106, that would probably work well. Maybe Harris still makes it.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Anton Erasmus wrote: : Hi,

: Can anyone recommend a crosspoint switch that can be used with a : supply of either 3V or 5V ? I will be switching digital signals of up : to 5MHz. The direction of the signals can be input or output hence : an analog switch is probably in order. When searching I have found a : great many very fast LDVS crosspoint switches, but I expect these : to be quite expensive. Pricewise I am looking in the region of

Reply to
Uwe Bonnes

Hi,

I have considered using an EPLD. I have been using Altera, but when it seems that the smaller Altera devices (Macrocell) are particularly poor at this application. It also seems you have to choose the supply voltage. Either 3V or 5V. I want a device that can run with either supply. Other manufacturers devices might be more suited for this, but this is for a quick and dirty test system that I want to spend as little as possible time and moneywise on.

Regards Anton Erasmus

Reply to
Anton Erasmus

Sorry, I don't.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Do you have an URL for the datasheet ? The URL

does not seem to work.

Regards Anton Erasmus

Reply to
Anton Erasmus

I have found quite a number of video cross point switches, but from past experience these tend to be quite expensive.

I think that a device designed for the PABX market will probably be the best fit. Unfortunately it seems that this market has been taken over by non main stream semiconductor houses. I was hoping for a name or two of these semiconductor houses. The devices used in PABXs should be available in "repair" quantities.

Maxim seems to make mostly video cross point switches. I have used them in the past for switching video, but it has always been quite problematical to get Maxim devices in small quantities.

Thanks I will try digikey.

Anton

Reply to
Anton Erasmus