Looking for help regarding debugging embedded software with MON 960 GDB

Hi All,

I need immediate help regarding debugging Intel i960 Processor.

0 Configuration for My Embdedded system is :

My embedded software is written on Intel i960 Processor. I have also disabled the WatchDog timer of the processor.

Now I want to debug this software. So I am trying my hands on intel's MON960 and GDB960.

It provides me two interface.

  1. Command line
  2. GUI interface

|--------------------------- | | Serial Comm. |-------------------------- |Embedded Software + MON960 |---------------------| Command Line INterface or| | | | gdb960V interace |

------------------------------

----------------------------

Initially, I got some success and able to debug my code but code that is debugged is in assembly language.

But now I am stuck.

So my problem is :

  1. Is there any other debugging mechanism for i960 Processor except this one ??
  2. If this is correct method then any other setting that I have to do so that I can see the actual code that is debugging not assembly instructions.

Thanks

Regards Vijay

Reply to
ViP

Is the compiler/linker set to include debug information in the output file(s)?

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

Yes debug Information is included when compiling the code....

Reply to
ViP