Laptop for engineering without OS

Op Sat, 05 Jul 2008 01:42:40 +0200 schreef Jack Klein :

Disputable. The machine I bought last November went from ¤1254 to ¤1596, in exactly the same configuration, except the CPU (T7500 -> T8300) and the OS (XP -> Vista).

http://www.opera.com/mail/
Reply to
Boudewijn Dijkstra

Sure, I used to have a Cassiopeia A-11A and later I had an E-200 or something of that ilk; I don't recall the vintage but the A-11A was a WinCE 1.0 box :). What I like about the Eee (besides its standard USB, SD and VGA ports and OpenOffice) is that it runs a regular x86 Linux distro and has enough horsepower to compile its own kernel and apps natively without needing to mess around with cross-compilers etc.

Reply to
larwe

I hate to burst your bubble, but whipping out any computer device in a bar is NOT cool. ;)

Reply to
The Real Andy