IEEE1394 - IIDC for PowerPC target

I am trying to use DCAM cameras through IEEE1394 using IIDC protocol. We have a Sparc/Solaris host and our target is a PowerPC (750 and 7400) SBC that we currently use under VxWorks (5.4 - T2.1). The two SBCs in question are the Synergy KGM5 and the Synergy VSS4 and the IEEE1394 card is the Mindready SedNet in PMC format if that makes a difference. I would also like to have the option to use firewire hard drives connected to my SBC.

From the research I have done it seems that only Mindready has a these protocols available for PowerPC under vxworks. Unfortunately they do not suppor Sparc/Solaris build environment, and I won't change my build environment just for one component.

It is very likely that somebody else has tackled this issue in a very similar environment, and alraedy found a solution. I am hoping you would share that solution you came up. Specifically, where did you get your IIDC driver?

I have included comp.arch.embedded and comp.os.vxworks to reach a broader knowledge base. You can followup on any of the two (whichever is more appropriate for your reply), or reply by e-mail.

Thank you. Happy holidays!

Paolo Bellutta

Reply to
Paolo Bellutta