HUmidity sensor

I would like to design a datalogger with a temp & humidity sensor. I would like to make the whole thing compact and self contained but never the less accurate. Any pointers ?

Thanks G

Reply to
Giorgis

That depends on what you want in terms of accuracy, response time, etc.

The classic approach to doing this is "chilled mirror".

You can also pick up some capacitance-based sensors though I don't think you will get the same sort of accuracy. And, there's some tricky math involved converting to the various different types of "moisture" measurements (you didn't say

*what* measure of humidity you are interested in)
Reply to
Don

Are there not sensors based on "biabsorptive strips"? (At least, I don't know what else to call them). They are two strips of some fibrous material glued together and wound in a spiral, just like a bimetallic strip only sensitive to humidity rather than temperature.

Reply to
larwe

Google for "Sensirion"

Regards Ulrich Bangert

"Giorgis" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Ulrich Bangert

Ulrich Bangert wrote:

Another vote for Sensirion .

The things are small and give direct digital output. It needs some calculations, though.

The interface is nearly I2C but not exactly.

I'm using SHT-11's.

--

Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio (at) iki fi

Place an egg cup on your window sill. If the egg cup is wet then it is raining. For additional accuracy draw horizontal lines on the egg cup.

HTH

Reply to
Tom Lucas

Mmm.... a humidity sensor with built-in integration...

Meindert

Reply to
Meindert Sprang

Do I need to include the window sill in my embeded device ?

Thanks guys, Good pointers ... a googling I shall go ...

Giorgis