Hiring Jr / Sr Embedded Firmware Developer -Toronto -Apply Canada Local Candidates Only

Hiring Jr / Sr Embedded Firmware Developer -Toronto -Apply Canada Local Candidates Only

Greetings from OXeNHaM+Satvik! Introducing myself, I am Lakshminarayana, and I am part of the OXeNHaM

+Satvik team.

Having reviewed your profile on Job Board, we believe there could be some synergies between your background and this role. In brief, the key skill set requirements are: University degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or Computer Science with a strong emphasis on embedded system software Skills :

3 to 12 + years embedded software development experience Ability to write in assembler and C/C++ for a variety of 8-bit, 16-bit and 32-bit microcontrollers and microprocessors. Hands-on experience with analog and digital electronics.Experience with RTOSes, DSP, telephony, wired and wireless communications protocols, networking protocols, assemblers, compilers, debuggers, simulators and code inspection tools.

If you are Interested , please let me know. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this role in greater detail with you. Meanwhile, could you please send your most up-to-date resume.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Lakshminarayana Sr. Consultant, snipped-for-privacy@satvikinc.com

Reply to
Lakshmi Narayana

Newsgroups can look like they have deep expertise, but they are very easily distracted and can be hard to pin down. Moreover, they are usually full of suggestions but deliver very little actual design work. Does your client really want an employee that spends most of its time arguing with itself about politics?

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com

Can't really go along with that. I have seen several long term business relationships grow out of newsgroups. Very successful ones, problems got solved, product improved, product shipped.

Employment, that i don't know but can't imagine why not.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

[...]

I think Tim's posting was meant to be irony. Taken literally, the OP's posting was offering a job/interview to the _newsgroup_ not to any particular individual within the newsgroup, so Tim's comments are in regards to what it would be like to employ the newsgroup itself as an entity.

I can see the project schedule now:

Task Deskcription Assignee Duration ---- -------------------------------------- -------- ------------- 1 Choose processor c.a.e 20-30 years 2 Choose lanugage and compiler c.a.e infinity 3 .....

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Now I am depressed ...
                                  at

Irony? _Me_? Are you sure? I'll go look up the definition to see if it matches my intent...

Is there any other way to take that posting? I mean, it's possible that whoever did it was just too lame to understand that their target was a newsgroup and not a bunch of hapless email recipients, and that the guy was _intentionally_ sending out spam email. That supposition, however, would require you to make the assumption that at least some recruiters are stupid slimeballs. Every recruiter that I have ever talked to has assured me that they're the greatest person on earth*, which would certainly lead me to believe that they can't be slimeballs, or stupid, either.

I think you're being generous on the processor choice -- after two years of debate there'll be a whole new crop of processors to consider, and so on, and so on.

  • Strange how _each one_ happens to be the greatest guy on earth -- they must have a baton that they pass around, and they must always happen to have it when they call me. Lucky me -- maybe my phone number is on the "I'm the greatest guy on earth" baton?
--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com

Which I understand the NG will not fulfill the requirement fo being a Canada local candidate, right :-P

--
Cesar Rabak
GNU/Linux User 52247.

=A0 =A0Assignee =A0Duration

------ =A0

=A0 =A0c.a.e =A0 =A0 20-30 years

=A0 =A0 infinity

Nah, you are not paying sufficient homage to the gods of parallel working. Within 20-30=B5s, everyone in c.a.e will have formed a firm, entrenched and utterly unassailable opinion as to questions 1 and 2. Properly funded, this will result in step 3: Begin 4,733,196 parallel projects with different toolchains/processors/design approaches.

*THAT* is where the infinite part of the timeline begins.
Reply to
larwe

Sort of like quantum computing, where every possible algorithmic path is taken until the thing coalesces at an answer -- except I'm not sure we'd manage that last step.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com

Sounds even more like quantum computing!

Or perhaps it's like that other great fad - DNA computing, where you know the answer is there somewhere in your testtube of evil-smelling green slime. The trick is to find the answer strand before it evolves teeth and chews through the glass...

Reply to
David Brown