Sr Firmware Engineer ~ Architect & Lead a New BIOS ATCA BOOT Strategy

Drive the next generation of custom BIOS architecture as a technical leader for RadiSys in Hillsboro, Oregon. This is an ideal role for the firmware engineer who can enable hardware capabilities from a software perspective. Lead our evolution from a hardware-oriented, x86 assembly-based company to a more flexible, embedded C-based organization, giving us system level code that's far more reusable. If you're comfortable with - and passionate about - the intricacies and challenges inherent with low level device driver and BIOS development you will thrive in this high profile role. Skills notwithstanding, it's the mindset of a diagnostic engineer that will accelerate your climb up our development ranks. If you have the perspective and calm of someone who's delivered through the full SDLC, can recognize failings in a design, system or component and can attack the root cause of the problem, you have what we're looking for. Join as a staff or senior staff member, with commensurate salaries and responsibilities. Relocation assistance and visa transfers will be provided. You will be joining RadiSys at a critical juncture in our product development history.

RadiSys Corporation, with its HQ in Hillsboro, Oregon, provides advanced embedded solutions for the communications networking and commercial systems markets. Our products include embedded boards, platforms and systems, which are used in complex computing, processing and network-intensive applications. We manufacture hardware and software building blocks that allow our customers to deliver things like Internet routers, ultrasound machines, magnetic resonance imaging scanners and other systems. We are publicly traded on the NASDAQ exchange under the symbol RSYS. Competitive salaries, employer funded

401k plans, bonus incentive, 3 weeks vacation and medical plans are top notch. We also provide relocation assistance and both H1b and TN visa transfers are available for qualified candidates. This job is in Oregon, which most of us think is a great place to work. Hillsboro is within commute distance from Lake Oswego and Beaverton. Oregon is unique and putting it into words doesn't do it justice. If you're new to Oregon or Oregon is new to you, take a look at what's important to you and talk about it with friends and family - and, of course, with us. We know that this is only going to work if you and your family are happy living in a place you love.

As a staff or senior staff level Firmware Engineer your key challenge will be designing an architecture that reuses code better than we do today. Your understanding of telecom system solutions and ability to work effectively and adeptly at a device driver level to leverage off-the-shelf components will be crucial. The successful candidate can activate, initialize and configure different chip components, and has written drivers or devices like network processors, I/O subsystems, bus drivers and different CPU architectures for Agere Systems or Intel IXP network processors. You also are someone who knows how to provide CPU configurations that allow a CPU to enable I/O subsystems and peripherals. Being so close to the hardware you are highly proficient with embedded C, and also comfortable reading schematics and working closely with hardware design engineers. You are comfortable working with hardware debug tools like ICE, logic analyzers and others. While your immediate objective will be to help us enable the hardware on our boards and embedded systems, the position offers further skills advancement because the successful candidate will deliver a software infrastructure on top of those boards, writing APIs that allow more performance so other engineers do not have to rewrite that code. Your prior BIOS experience would be ideal for this role, but device driver development is key, and so is understanding telecommunications devices at a system level. Our R&D teams are located in Hillsboro Oregon; Boca Raton, Florida; Des Moines, Iowa and Shanghai. This position will offer some minor travel to align the BIOS strategy across the hardware platforms and the multiple OS solutions we deliver.

To apply for this position or refer someone you know, please use our online interview system managed by Accolo:

Once you have completed the interview, your information will be forwarded to the hiring authority for decisions on next steps.

Related Keywords: BIOS architecture, Phoenix BIOS, Phoenix Server BIOS, software drivers, WindRiver, RedHat, hardware design, low level development, system level development, firmware design, custom BIOS, device drivers, debugging software, debugging hardware, modify code, Linux device drivers, Linux API, assembly, embedded C, low level programming, BIOS level programming, debugging, telecommunications, telecom, reuse, reusability, Agere, Intel IXP, network processors, subsystems, diagnostic engineer, ATCA, processors, CPU, I/O subsystem, bus drives, PCI, PCIe, cPCI, I2C, RTOS, PC AT architectures, EFI architectures, UBOOT

Reply to
jbires