H8S/2314 flash programming

Hello. I'm having a bit of a problem writing a bootloader for the Renesas H8S/2314. The problem seems to be that i'm unable to write to the flash memory. So far, the problems seems to be that i'm unable to assert the FWE bit, however i'm able to program it using the Flash Development toolkit (so it enters bootmode, which implies that the FWE bit is asserted). I've put a switch connected to the corresponding pin (60), if I disable the switch it doesn't enter boot mode, with it enabled it enters. However, I'm unable to enter user programming mode, no matter what position the switch is. When I try to read the FLMCR1 register I always read 0x00. Offcourse I tried the code in AP125 and AP130, to no use. I've even written my own routines, an literal transposition of the flowchart, checked and double checked all the timings, tried diferent chips, but always to the same result... Can't erase the flash, nor program it.

Anyone as written some in application programming code for this part or some other part in the 2319 family that is willing to share some hints?

Regards

Luciano Almeida

Reply to
almeida.luciano

And received an response of-group regarding the problem. I need to assert the FLSHE bit in the SYSCR2 register to access the flash control registers. ... Damm documentation...

Luciano

Reply to
almeida.luciano