graphics in lcd using T6963c

hi all i m working on graphics sence 5 days but till now i dint get how to do it in this lcd it is size is 256*128 do some body tell me how to run graphics in it i was searching bitmap generator but cant find any

Reply to
tanu

What exactly are you having difficulties with? Please try to rephrase your question and include a bit of detail on the hardware and software you are using.

Stef

Stef (remove caps, dashes and .invalid from e-mail address to reply by mail)

basically i m using lcd of 240*128 with T6963c controller i facing problem in its graphic for evry new thing i need to design the bit map in my mind and then i rite it down i want a bitmap generator which itself generate the bits to be used or something like that i hope u got me waiting for ur reply thanx tanu

Reply to
tanu

So the problem is in generating the bitmaps themselfs? I don't know what language and toolchain you are using. So I'll explain how I did it in my last project.

I created the bitmaps on my PC with a suitable drawing program (Gimp, corel photopaint, photoshop, paint, ...) and saved them as windows bitmaps (in my case 8-bit paletted, but you'll probably want monochrome). I used the GCC toolchain (arm-elf) and with the objcopy you can convert the bitmap files directly to elf files and link those with your code. The code can then read the bitmap file and put it on the LCD. I chose the windows bitmap format because it is easy to read (see

for more info) and is supported by most PC drawing programs.

In an earlier project I did it slightly different. Also created the windows bitmap files on the PC, but wrote a PC program to read the files and convert them to C-code. This C-code was thean added to the project and compiled and linked.

Stef

Try the bmp2c.exe that you can find here

It is designed for use with Sharp ARM devices but the data in the header should fit into whatever your using after a bit of adjustment. Assuming you are using C of course.

Reply to
Tom Lucas

tanu wrote:...

If you can make do with each individual graphic image being max 128x128 pixels, then the Image importer/editor application could help you. Its free and available for download from

Jim

Reply to
Jim