LCD control

Hi,

I am looking for colour graphics LCD with driver. The size could be something like 128 * 64. In LCD control i have few doubts as below.

  1. There are lot of types available like TFT, passive type etc. From this which one to choose based on application? My application is to make a handheld tool like a Gameboy.

  1. While sending the data to the LCD driver, how is font sixe of the letter, location of text, colouring of the text or graphical information and all controlled? Is it require seperate micro which will do all the above i had mentioned or the readily available library function or macro kind of function will be availble within the driver itself? Because i am not intersted in creating this library. I will do only send the information to be displayed and those coloring information. Please clarify my doubts.

  2. I have seen some information from the website. None of the supplier give these kind of information. only they give dimensioning details, features thats it. Please suggest me some site to clear my basics about the LCD.

Thanks in advance.

Regards, M.Nagarajan.

Reply to
nag

Please get on to Wikipedia and look up "cross posting". Read their comments about multiple posting.

Then stop doing it.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services