GNU toolchain for the 681x

Hello,

I began using the toolchain a couple of months ago and I am struggling with some of the aspects:

1) I am using a linker file and m6811-elf-ld.exe instead of linking by using m6811-elf-gcc.exe. Is it possible to create the same .elf and .dmp files similar to what is created in the hello12gnu.zip example that comes with the toolchain? I tried but was not successful in creating them.

2) I am confused why it is possible to link in two ways: one by using m6811-elf-ld and the other by using m6811-elf-gcc. I have used other compilers such as IAR, Cosmic, and Metrowerks and have always used a linker to link the files.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Reply to
jlara

Hello,

I began using the toolchain a couple of months ago and I am struggling with some of the aspects:

1) I am using a linker file and m6811-elf-ld.exe instead of linking by using m6811-elf-gcc.exe. Is it possible to create the same .elf and .dmp files similar to what is created in the hello12gnu.zip example that comes with the toolchain? I tried but was not successful in creating them.

2) I am confused why it is possible to link in two ways: one by using m6811-elf-ld and the other by using m6811-elf-gcc. I have used other compilers such as IAR, Cosmic, and Metrowerks and have always used a linker to link the files.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Reply to
jlara

gcc is smart enough to call ld.

You might find usingguntools.zip on the above page useful.

Dan

Reply to
Dan