getting started with Cypress CY7C63310 and CY7C63801 series

Perhaps I'm merely having a "bad documentation day", but I'm having problems figuring out how to program the Cypress series of chips that contains the CY7C63310 and CY7C63801.

Their datasheet says: "The enCoRe II supports in system programming by using the D+ and D? pins as the serial programming mode interface. The programming protocol is not USB."

This seems to imply that they have a utility program on their web site for that purpose but I can't find it.

I see where there is a CY3655 development board but it is rather expensive and I would prefer to avoid that.

Can anyone who has begun using this series of chips give me any advice or tips on getting started?

Reply to
Gary Peek

Gary Peek skrev:

If you just need the programming software, try looking for "PSoC programmer" or "PSoC Designer" or just "PSoC".

Al Muliman