USB kit FX2 from cypress

Hello,

I am currently trying to develop a firmware on FX2 microcontroller from cypress, which is able to send continously data to a windows pc. However I have no idea where to start my doings. Should I first begin to program a windows application (do I need to write a driver?) or should I start programming the FX2-firmware. What I need is some kind of sample, that demonstrate the communication from FX2 - microcontroller to a self-programmed (with source code) windows application, so I could adapt it.

Is there anyone who knows where to get these information? Currently I am using a demo windows driver from "jungo", but if I create a driver and install it, the CYPRESS EZ-USB Control panel does not work any more on this port (message "no cypress usb device detected...." after having clicked on "open all). However I need the control panel to download monitor program, being able to load and execute the firmware (keil compiler).

You see I have many problems and no idea where to start. Maybe you could help with some information ressources.

Thanks in advance.

G. Brunner

Reply to
Günther Brunner

You might try here:

-- Joe Legris

Reply to
Joe Legris

Hi again,

now I know that this FX2 microcontroller has to levels of usb device. The first one is running without special firmware. It acts as loader for the customized FX2 firmware. After that enumeration and downloading the real firmware the 2nd step (renumeration) is performed. However it seems to be very difficult to develop a USB firmware for FX2 chip and copy the firmware each time to my windows application to perform renumeration. How can I verify the correct function of my firmware without having a USB windows application. I mean: is there a tool like terminal programs (I know that USB development is rather different than RS232) with which I could simlpy send and receive data to FX2?

Thanks in advance.

G. Brunner.

Reply to
Günther Brunner