I am applying a sine wave of 60 volts peak to peak and 100KHz to a full bridge diode rectifier made with following diodes
I connected the resistive load of 300 ohms at the output of the rectifier and got fully rectified 30 volts pulsating DC. Then I connected the capacitor of value 470uF and 100 volts across the load and got the following reading
- the input drops from 60 volts peak to peak to 44 peak to peak .
- the output looks smooth but the amplitude becomes 20 volts DC.
I have following questions
- What did I loose 20 volts peak to peak at the input when I added the capacitor?
- Why did the output voltage reduced to 20 volts when it supposed to be 30 volts?
- Are these diodes rated for 100KHz signals? Plus what is their switching time?