FPGA starting kit

Hi,

I'm starting on FPGAs. How about Xilinx Spartan 3 starter kit?. It's any better under $200.

Best regards, Rodrigo.

Reply to
Nitron

According to the Xilinx site, the Spartan-3 starter kit is only $99 now and comes with a bunch of stuff to get started. It sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Has anyone else found a better starter kit?

Dave

Reply to
starfire

Depends on what you're looking for. Digilent has several others (they make the Spartan 3 board). There's also FPGA 4 Fun with a few.

Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA
Reply to
Rich Webb

About 5 weeks ago the price fell from $99 to $49. The problem is that (most probably) FE doesn't sell the kit in Europe because major Altera's distributor in Europe is EBV. At least polish FE's branch doesn't sell it. So an European has to ask a friend from North America. :-)

Regards, /J.D.

--
Jan Dubiec                                      We're all living in Amerika
jdx#slackware.pl                                Coca Cola

I have the spartan 3 kit you find on the xilinx website. Its great, and when your order it from digilent you can spend an extra 20$ and get the 400k instead of the 200k. Add to your cart the 200k, the following screen will ask you if you want to upgrade.

mike D

Reply to
MikeD

Also if you buy from Digilentinc there is an option for the same board with a XC3S1000-FT256 (1 mil gate S3) for an extra US$50.

Option comes up after adding the board to your shopping cart

Alex Gibson

That is a new option.

Does the free webpack go that large, something I remember about a gate size limit on the free version.

Mike D

Reply to
MikeD