Buffers reqd for Flash??

Hi,

Im working on a prototype board for the AT91rm9200. I have been following the design of the AT91rm9200 EK.

In using the same flash as the obe used on the board, i have a small problem. Why have buffers been used between the chip`s lines and the lines of the flash?

i have seen boards that use different flash chips and dont have buffers for the flash. What is the use of the buffer then?

regards Mayank

Reply to
Mayank Kaushik

You know I too have been digging into the EK schematics and i do not se any buffers between CPU and FLASH RAM. Am I missing something ? Please advise if you will, thanks, john

jtyler