Frequently Answered Questions ....

?Q . Is CPU evolution steady , constant over long periods ?

No , depends on success of govts , to control and tax trade , and regulate software . Force business to use Intel , AMD , Micron technologies , H.P. ARM is not U.S. made !

?Q . Does Software have "value" .

No , it is the most perishable comodity on earth , and can be given free , merely by a few keystrokes on a keyboard , to billions of people .

?Q Are copyrights enforceable

Yes , if its convenient to a regulating govt . Its about cost , if its too expensive to regulate , then govt will fail to regulate . When govt is rich , it forces us to do business with govt , so we must have a legal copy of WXP . But the fall is amplified , as govt losses power , it can happen in just a few short years . No copyrights nor patents will be enforceable , because govt is desperate merely to enforce the more important primary tax revenues ..

Consumers will benefit . All s/w will be free , generic , and no upgrades will ever be needed . You will be able to 'refresh' OpSystem in seconds , by simply attaching it to one of your other 8 computers .

Software will never again ,be a problem . No one will earn a paycheck at programming .

I am the worlds fastest systems programmer .

Reply to
werty

Q. Where did you learn to punctuate like that?

          Michael Kesti            |  "And like, one and one don't make
                                   |   two, one and one make one."
    mrkesti at hotmail dot com     |          - The Who, Bargain
Reply to
Michael R. Kesti

Sorry. I don't know what I was thinking.

Still, though, while I've brought it up, who can tell me from where this practice of leading punctuation marks with spaces comes? It seems to be more and more common laely and, in addition to looking stupid, reduces readability.

          Michael Kesti            |  "And like, one and one don't make
                                   |   two, one and one make one."
    mrkesti at hotmail dot com     |          - The Who, Bargain
Reply to
Michael R. Kesti

I've noticed it too. It really shines when you combine it with double-spacing, a semi-random left-hand margin, and wrapping at about 40 columns. WebTV with a broken keyboard?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  A dwarf is passing
                                  at               out somewhere in Detroit!

Well, some languages, including French, prescribe it for punctuation marks consisting of two parts, i.e. '!' and '?'. And then of course, there's always ye olde typo-by-transposition, getting two characters the wrong way round if typed one very fast after the other.

Reply to
Hans-Bernhard Bröker

I didn't know that and I do seem to observe two-part marks more commonly preceeded with spaces. This seems, however, to best apply to non Americans. (Those who speak three languages are called tri-liguists, those who speak two languages are called bi-liguists, and those who speak only one language are called Americans.)

This seems to not be a likely explanation as the two-part marks are shifted so " !" and " ?" should therefore be transposed to " 1" and " /" respectively. Also, I don't observe corespondingly transposed spaces and words' last letters.

Thanks for responding!