ethernet connectivity for Z8encore

I need to add ethernet connectivity to my Z8encore. so I'm looking for a reliable ethernet controller chip. If anyone know about one with free software tenplates, examples ect. it will be great help fore me.

The CMX company

offer something but i think it is expensive.

thanks Frank

Reply to
Frank Mikkelsen

The easiest way would be switching to the Zilog eZ80F91. Zilog offers a complete development environment with demo board, ZDS debugger, IDE, C/ASM, free RTOS etc for 99¤. Since you already know the Z8 and are familiar with the Zilog tools getting used to the other controller should be no problem.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Frank-Christian Krügel

Reply to
Frank-Christian Kruegel

Microchip is soon producing a SPI to 10Mbit network controller

Kasper

Reply to
Repzak

"Repzak" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:42ab48ac$0$18638$ snipped-for-privacy@news.sunsite.dk...

hm, this chip used to be visible at microchip homepage but recently it vanished from there along with PCI12F220 any ideas why?

antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

"Antti Lukats" a écrit dans le message de news:d8j4so$m3r$00$ snipped-for-privacy@news.t-online.com...

just a change of name I think.. it's still there, but I don't remember it's name (the link is store on my home computer..) ENC and something.. will add the ref tonight if I remember, the Microchip website is not accessible now.. :-(

seems to be a really interesting product to add ethernet to MCU without an outside bus. but seems to need a lot of power; something like 250mA if I remember well. the CS8900A need at least 2x less..

Reply to
Fred*

Have a look at the following Flash for Cash entry:

Might be of use to you.

Regards,

Maciek.

Reply to
sawik

"Fred*" a écrit dans le message de news:42ad269c$0$1244$ snipped-for-privacy@news.wanadoo.fr...

it's

ENC28J60

Fred*

"Fred*" skrev i en meddelelse news:42ad8a8d$0$25057$ snipped-for-privacy@news.wanadoo.fr...

The microchip ENC28J60 looks good but wery new, no sampels yet, and no code exampels

Frank

Reply to
Frank Mikkelsen