Altera Byte Blaster Cable on Linux

I'm trying to use the Altera USB Byte Blaster Cable on Linux (Scientific Linux 4.4, i.e. RHEL 4). The Programmer application sees the cable, however it says there are insufficient privileges on the port. I've tried running Quartus as root, that didn't fix the problem. There is no Firewall and Secure Linux is disabled. Anyone have any suggestions?

Reply to
B. Joshua Rosen

Yes, the program needs to call ioperm() on the printer port address before trying to talk to it.

Being root (or an setuid root executable) just means you have the right to make that function call; it doesn't mean it's necessarily been done.

Reply to
cs_posting

I found the instructions on the Altera site. Thanks anyway.

Reply to
General Schvantzkoph