EBC-3410 single board computer and HDD

Hello. I bought EBC-3410 to install Linux on it. After installation all necessary periphery, including old 2GB HDD I installed Debian. It worked two days and after that HDD failed. Diagnostics said, that it had been totally damaged. I replaced it by new 40GB Maxtore, bought "Red Hat" for $50 and continued my studies. After several attempts the installation program told me that my HDD is bad. I installed it to another computer, ran MAXTORE disk diagnostic utility and discovered that the HDD is nonrecoverable. I reread the EBC-3410 datasheet, but did not find any warnings or special instructions about HDDs. Did anybody have such a problem? Can it be so that the SBC somehow spoils HDDs? Maybe I missed something in the datasheet? Thanks, Alex

Reply to
Alexander Baranov

Hello Alexander,

I've performed extensive testing on this board, including 72-hour burnin process with frequent HDD read and write activity. I would suspect power supply issues as a first most likely candidate for your problem. It should not be possible, anyway, for commands from the board to damage the hard drive.

Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards