DMA controller

HI,

I have good experience with microcontrollers. But now iam migrating to a processor.

I want to know how to program for better DMA usage (for transmitting and receiving data) over a serial interface.

I just know that DMA will be a peripheral and will operate independently of the processor.

Then what will the starting point of data transfer and when will be the end point?

How to know that whether CPU executes the instructions or data is transferred through DMA.

Please provide me direction how to go about this.

With many Thanks, VIVEK

Reply to
vivek

Can you provide some clues, like which processor you will be using?

--
Regards,
Richard.

+ http://www.FreeRTOS.org
14 official architecture ports, 5000 downloads per month.

+ http://www.SafeRTOS.com
Certified by TÜV as meeting the requirements for safety related systems.
Reply to
FreeRTOS.org

The processor is FREESCALE COLDFIRE or LPC2468 (ARM7-TDMI-S).

Thanks in anticipation, VIVEK

Reply to
vivek

Is it processor specific?