diskonchip

I have brought one 8M  M- systems MD2802-D08 ( 32 pins)  I wish to apply to
PHILIP 2106 arm system. which data lines I should apply?

would u please show me how to  make use of the storage?  need schematics and
connection graphic ....etc, advices.
I wish to expand its capacities.

just a newbie. TIA

Re: diskonchip
and
I don't know what expansion bus your ARM system uses, but I'd suggest you
get a carrier board for the disk-on-chip to suit and use that instead of
trying to reinvent a square wheel.

Ken

Re: diskonchip

ARM7

Re: diskonchip

The 2106 does not have a data bus. You would need to use the GPIO
pins and make a psudo-bus and bit-bang the control signals.

Do you have a data sheet on the MD2802-D08  ???

Re: diskonchip

apply
schematics

page 8 of
http://www.m-sys.com/m-sysnew/files/documentation/doc/doc_millennium_module_
ds1.1.pdf

please tell me more.

Re: diskonchip
http://www.m-sys.com/m-sysnew/files/documentation/doc/doc_millennium_module_
Get the ARM-based evaluation board.
http://www.m-sys.com/content/Developer/Bus_Boards.asp#INTEGRATOR

Cheers.

Ken

Re: diskonchip
http://www.m-sys.com/m-sysnew/files/documentation/doc/doc_millennium_module_

please tell me more again.

Re: diskonchip

Oboy,

    Well first, are you a software or hardware person ?

    The hardware: there are 13 address lines, 8 data lines,
    and 3 control lines.  You will need 24 lines from the 2106
    to connect to the DOC module. 16 output lines, and 8
    bi-directional lines.

    If you do not understand what this means, please find someone
    who does.

    The software: On page 10 of said pdf is a memory map of the
    above hardware interface. From page 11 to the end of the pdf is
    how you would talk to the DOC module.

    With the basics out of the way, how do you want to use this ??

    If you want to just read/write blocks on the module, there is
    enough information here to do just that.

    If you want to get a FAT compatable files system running, you
    are in for months of work. ( software mostly )

    There are folks here who have implemented FAT files systems on
    CF cards and other media. They will tell you that this is not
    a beginner task.

    If you have any resources (i.e. money ) to get this project off
    the ground, I would suggect you contact, google is your friend,
    a software library vendor who has FAT file systems for sale.
    ( U.S. Software comes to mind, but I have never used them )

    good luck

    direct mail is I before E

Re: diskonchip
the hardware part is ok to me after reading the schematics.

the software is still very unclear.

Re: diskonchip
Well thats the part that will take months of research and testing.

google for FAT12/FAT16 and FAT32

Good Luck.

Re: diskonchip

No ext buses on the Philips parts. I wonder exactly how Mylinux (with
or without the N) acquired his brain damage. He really ought to be
stuffing crayons up his nose under expert supervision, not posting
reams of tripe* here.

* - I really like this image. I can easily visualize flattened,
dessicated tripe being used as a print medium.

Site Timeline