Disk on Chip in Std ISA Network Card - Solution

This has been asked a few times before, once by me, and also by others.

I installed my DOC in an old WD800 network card, with a 28 pin socket. I hard set the boot rom to appear at d800 using the link.

I then fitted a 32pin socket to the 28 pin, with the top edges overhanging. To pin 32 of the socket I connected this to +5v, and pin

31 I connected to ISA pin B11, !MemWr. I then installed my 32pin doc in the stacked sockets.

My 48Mb DOC now works in the network card.

It should work for most ISA network cards as long as you can enable the Boot Rom (either hardware or software config) and solder the wires.

Ideal for flashing docs or making a quiet mp3player etc.

Cheers, Vincent

Reply to
V Crabtree