DACs

I'm looking for a uC with three or four 12 bit DACs. It has to be cheap too. The only other requirement is that it needs to have I2C for control.

The least expensive approach I've come-up with so far is to use a Maxim (or similar) 12 bit quad DAC chip via SPI I'd then drive it with a small dirt-cheap uC with SPI and use the I2C port to talk to the outside world.

Any ideas?

-Martin

You did not specify the speed, but since you intended to feed it with I2C, the speed could not be that high. Did you check about using PWM outputs with some RC filtering ?

Paul

Reply to
Paul Keinanen

By cheap you mean???

Yep, try ADuC7020

*Peter*
Reply to
Peter Jakacki

Less than $5. As low as possible. The lower the better.

Nice part. Probably a tad on the expensive side though. So far it looks like I can do this with a SiLabs 'F411 for $4.66

-M

Sorry , my mistake. However, they still do offer you a solution.

The MSP430F4270, F4260, F4250 have a look at

PhilW

Reply to
PhilW

Sorry again discount my suggestion, They've only got a single DAC.

PhilW

Reply to
PhilW