D-sub colder bucket connector with 4-40 UNC rivited jack posts

I am trying to source male 9 way male D connectors solder bucket/cup with riveted female jack posts on the front face so I can make up RS232 extensio n leads that can be screwed together. I know you can get Jack posts that ha ve a nut to hold hem in place, but the problem there is that the nut will n ot fit inside the D shells, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Steve jones

Reply to
steve

h riveted female jack posts on the front face so I can make up RS232 extens ion leads that can be screwed together. I know you can get Jack posts that have a nut to hold hem in place, but the problem there is that the nut will not fit inside the D shells,

Thanks, maybe that is my solution, need to find an appropriate 9 way d shel l as this is for a production cable.

steve

Reply to
steve

You can also try google *image* search and hope you stumble on something.

The only D-subs that I can recall seeing with riveted jack nuts/posts have been "PCB mounted".

Reply to
Don Y

Can you get the jack posts in a female-female version? ie no male thread stud.

Maybe you could use these with a very short countersunk screw to hold them in place. They should then fit a standard backshell.

Reply to
Shed_Fiddler

ith riveted female jack posts on the front face so I can make up RS232 exte nsion leads that can be screwed together. I know you can get Jack posts tha t have a nut to hold hem in place, but the problem there is that the nut wi ll not fit inside the D shells,

Thats idea, but they do need a crinkled washer to stop them coming loose. I have found a Chinese company that can supply them. Minimum order of 500 bu

Reply to
steve

Or use a thread locker like Loctite (red)

To live is always desirable.
		-- Eleen the Capellan, "Friday's Child", stardate 3498.9
Reply to
Stef

Hunt around at Digikey. Try these:

Tim