Coding MAX3421E and PIC18F4550

Hi..

Can anyone help us Code MAX3421E and PIC18F4550

we are doing a thesis on a flash to flash bridge This project aims to develop microcontroller-based device that can handle data transfer from a USB storage-device directly to another USB storage-device. The previous project?s device transferring capabilities were limited in terms of data size, file types, and transfer rate.

we are currently using PIC184550 as our MCU and the MAX3421E as the host controller..

we are finding problems on coding the max3421e for IN-transfer.. Meaning, reading files or data from a USB storage device.. on the same manner, we are looking forward to find sources on coding PIC18F4550..

thank you embedded related!

Reply to
urefowei

I've not used the Maxim part, but there's an eval kit from

Check the application notes and data sheets for the new USB parts that support USB Embedded Host, Dual Role and On-The-Go.

I'm about to order surface mount adapters from

for the non-DIP ones.

Reply to
Jeff Jonas

We've checked the EvKit..

Read the codes and others.. Whats the difference between LPC213x Data and Shift Registers and PIC18F4550 Data and Shift Registers??

There maybe lies our problem.. PIC18F4550 doesn't have Status Support on SPI..

What should we do? We don't wanna change PIC18F4550 now..

Please help

Reply to
urefowei