C8051F022 and FPGA communication

Hi, I am currently working on Cygnal's C8051F022....I need this to communicate with a Xilinx FPGA on the board....I am using Port 0 for talking to the FPGA.....What i need to do is..as follows:

I have an 8 charactor display and two momentary contact switches... One switch is for selecting menu and another is for entering tat value The microcontroller takes care of the two switches and the LED display I need to have a menu selection which selects two parameters A and B and then changes the angle information..increment or decrement... Accordinly these values should change in the FPGA.. I am also using a rotary encoder for incrementing and decrementing the values

Any ideas or suggestions about this is welcome

Thankyou, Methi

Reply to
methi

How about a parallel port with hand shaking. A little state machine in the FPGA to interface to the cdata and control lines.

george

Reply to
GMM50