Inter FPGA communication

Hi every1,

Can anyone teach me how to program in Handel-C to transmit the data from the keyboard from 1 FPGA to another FPGA and display the key pressed on the monitor of the 2nd FPGA?

It should be done using the 50 pins expansion header and input and output.

I can transfer the ASCII codes from the 1st FPGA to the 2nd FPGA. But how can the 2nd FPGA distinct between a single 'A' being pressed or whether repetitive 'AAAAA's are pressed?

It is because while I can transfer the ASCII codes of a character but there is no way to transfer out the key pressed/released status of that character.

I am very troubled by this.

Chen

Reply to
gordanic2003

Maybe your fpga is interfaced to a PC UART and can't see the keyboard scan codes directly.

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler