[Q[ SW development tools for Infineon XC167

I have an upcoming software development in C & Windows using an Infineon (Seimens) XC167 microcontroller. I need to pick a some good tools for the development environment that supports all the XC167 funtions/modules and its JTAG port. Originally, I picked the Keil uVision development system but when I look very closely I see serious holes (many sub-modules NOT supported / disabled under JTAG debug) and attrocious tech support. I've had good luck with Keil in the past but this go-around looks pretty bad. I'd appreciate your suggestions.

Reply to
al

Hi Al,

I worked with both compilers Tasking and Keil (mostly smaller projects). Tasking was better in the early 90's but IMHO Keil offers the better compiler now. If you think that Keil support is no good, have fun with Tasking, particularly if you are in the US. In the past their European support was better but US support sucks! To be honest, I did not work with the XC yet, only with older C167 devices.

Cheers, Schwob

Reply to
Schwob

Feel free to contact us anytime if you feel that the US support does not suit your needs.

We're there to help.

-- with kind regards

--

----------------------------------------- Jan Homuth Application Engineer Technical Support , Embedded Tools

Altium - Making Electronics Design Easier

Altium Germany GmbH Technologiepark Karlsruhe Alber-Nestler Str. 7 D-76131 Karlsruhe Phone: +49 721 8244 310 Fax: +49 721 8244 320

E-Mail: snipped-for-privacy@altium.com WWW:

Schwob schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Reply to
Jan Homuth