ATtiny2313 ???

A few months ago I've designed a prototype using a tiny2313 for the boards communication protocol handling. As I didn't need speed for testing, mounting a 90s2313 in place was OK and allowed me to write most of the final software and debug the board.

But now I can't find the tiny2313. Even digikey that announced it primarily for september has updated its shipping dates to december and still have zilch in stock.

Atmel's datasheet is at its 7th release and still preliminary, (for a 8 bits uC!!!).

I can't even succeed in having samples and I'm now considering reverting to the less convenient tiny26. But as I would prefer keep the 2313 (pinout better suited, board already designed, software written...) I have to ask :

did anyone of you have already seen the shadow of an ATtiny2313 pin ?

--
Thanks,
Fred.

If you're in the US and this is for production try the bigger distributors -- Digi-Key is great for buying medium amounts of stuff for a premium through a catalog, Avnet and Arrow will actually give you support for your stuff, and will pry samples out of the factory if they think that you'll buy a few thousand a year from them.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

primarily

bits

I have had Engineering samples (PDIP) for some time.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson   ulf@a-t-m-e-l.com

Yep. 60,000 to be precise (3000 units on my shelf). I had no problem getting them in the Netherlands.

Meindert

Reply to
Meindert Sprang

A nice volume. Not that 3000pcs is a huge investment, but what are you building at that volume? (Sorry to pry, but I enjoy hearing about products that're doing well.)

Reply to
Richard H.

I (or my company, that is) am building 3000 remote controls for a customer.

Meindert

Reply to
Meindert Sprang