Problem with SMBus

We have a problem with an SMBus connection. Both signals clock and data are stuck low on the slave side. the slave is a PIC16C. We tend to exclude a software problem on the slave since all I2C status bits are tested and some of the functionalities of the PIC are still available. We think that this is a problem with the PIC I2C Hardware. It occurs randomly and can be reproduced by injecting parasites on the bus. My question is : have you met similar problems and found that the PIC hardware was the cause ?

Reply to
Lanarcam

I can not speak for the PIC, but a slave should reset itself after 35ms (a break) according to SMBus spec. ask Microchip about the PIC.

Reply to
Neil Kurzman